Join me for an Urban Walk every Tuesday and Friday (weather permitting)The walks start at 10 am, take about an hour and follow a circular path. All walks will be accessible.
All start points are available by car or bicycle and close to public transit.
The walks target retired or work-from-home crowd – BUT all are welcome.
No need to preregister. Just show up. The walks will be posted at the beginning of the month giving you busy types time to plan your month.
Weather and COVID permitting we may finish the walk with a coffee or a picnic in the park.
As Winnipeg festival season gets underway I may add other walks.
Friday, May 13 – Wolseley Park
- Meet at Tall Grass Prairie Bakery on Westminster
Tuesday, May 17 – Whittier Park
- Meet at parking lot off Rue St. Joseph
Friday, May 20 – Churchill Drive
- Meet at Churchill and Hay Street, in front of Churchill School
Tuesday, May 24 – Walk to the Forks
- Meet in front of Louis Riel Statue, legislative grounds
Friday, May 27 – Transit Line to Rooster Town (RT active transport pathway)
- Meet at Harrow and Sparling
Friday, May 31 – Fort Whyte
- Meet inside. If you bike, entry is free and always free entry for members.
- Some memberships can bring free guest.
- Entry fee is $8 – $10. Fort Whyte has an outside patio. Shall we plan coffee? Lunch?
All walks start at 10 am.
All welcome! Out There Urban Walks are open to everyone.